December 2019 Snow Storm Issues
Emergency Alert Regarding Roads:
Most roadways have reopened. Please visit az511.gov and azdot.gov for the latest status on road conditions.
Current winter storm has closed multiple stretches of highway in Arizona's high country. Motorists are advised to stay off roads and delay their travel.
Current closures as of 11/29/19 include:
- SR 87 closed from Payson to Winslow.
- SR 89A closed from Sedona to the 1-17 junction.
- SR 260 closed from Camp Verde to SR 87.
- US 191 closed north of Morenci to Alpine.
If you encounter a snowplow, do not pass the plow and leave plenty of space between your vehicle and the plow. If you are approaching an oncoming snowplow, slow down and give the plow extra room.
For updated information please visit: az511.gov and azdot.gov.
Emergency Alert for Power Outages:
The following areas are experiencing power outages:
- Skull Valley with 160 residents without power.
- Prescott with 1036 residents without power.
- Bagdad with 230 residents without power.
- Mayer with 3,823 residents without power.
- Dewey with 1223 residents without power.
- Chino Valley some reports of power being out, no official number reported.
Please see the outage map at outagemap.aps.com for updates on when power will be returned.
Anyone who is in need of shelter or a place to warm up is encouraged to go to Bradshaw Mountain High School at 6000 E. Long Look Dr., Prescott Valley, AZ 86314. The American Red Cross will be opening a shelter/warming center there around 11 am.